;
hawksrealm Sports Talk Forum Index hawksrealm Sports Talk
Everybody posting deserves RESPECT

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    UsergroupsUsergroups    Join! (free) Join! (free)  
  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

Cowboys Vs. Patriots
Page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hawksrealm Sports Talk Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Please Register and Login to this forum to stop seeing this advertising.

Posted:     Post subject:

Hawk
Universal Guide

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:39 am    Post subject: Cowboys Vs. Patriots  Reply with quote

VS.

I'm sure nobody will give us a chance to beat the Pats on their own field where it seems they haven't lost a game there in a lifetime.

Last edited by Hawk on Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
LoneStar
Shuttle Pilot

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a game the Boys probably circled on their calendars when the schedule was released. I don't care what anybody says, this is a statement game. A win would give the team a lot of momentum. It's a perfect meauring stick... has our defense really improved? Prove it. Can Romo avoid costly mistakes? Prove it. Is Garrett ready to step up and compete against Belichick? Prove it.

I love everything about this game. I love that it's on the road. I love that NE's offense is other worldly. I love their 2 TE schemes and 3 WR schemes. Their running game has been dominant 2 weeks in a row. This is probably the hardest offense in the NFL to prepare for because they do so much well and give Brady so much time. The Boys are major underdogs. So, it's time to find out how well we match up against an elite team. This game will answer how close we are to contending.
zigomanis18
Co- Pilot

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THe Patriots are beatable. There is no doubt about it. But to be honest, it ain't gonna happen with us. The Patriots lose games in Playoffs at Home but in the regular season...it's very tough. They always seem to come up with the big plays when needed.

I think we can move the ball against them and put up 28 points. The Problem is on the other side of the ball. We MUST pressure brady all game long or else it's lights out for us...simple as that.

Prediction......Patriots 45 Cowboys 31.
Hawk
Universal Guide

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Can Tony Romo bounce back once again. He had a horrible outing in his last game against Detroit (who is now 5-0  ). We are going to need an A game from Romo if we are going to get into a shoot out with the Pats! He is going to have to control the ball and not turn it over.

2. A healthy recieving corps. Can we keep our starters on the field for a full 4 quarters with out them getting reinjured or out of gas! We are going to need Miles and Bryant to come up big in this game.

3. Felix Jones and the other RB's. NE is in the middles of the pack at 13th ranked defense against the run. We can not become 1 dementional against a Brady ran offense. We need to stay balanced and control the clock.

4. The Offensive line has slowly improved in run blocking. However, they are not where they need to be. Have they improved over the bye week. We are going to need this group at its best to not only help protect Romo but to open up running lanes to keep us from becoming one dementional on offense.

5. Our pass rush. Don't know the status of OT Sebastian Vollmer and his injury in NE, but if he remains out, we have to take advantage of it. Nate Soldier has had the start the last 4 games. He has been shaky at times. A fully rested Ware and Spencer need to take full advantage and keep the pressure on Brady, hit him, knock him down, get that uniform dirty and rack up the sacks! A frustrated Brady is realistically the best way for us to win.

6. Rob Ryan and his defense's have given Brady fits the last few meetings. Can he do it again with a better talented unit than what he has had in the past.

7. Our 3 top CB's will be on the field together for the first time since TC really started. And this will be the first game for Scandrick since week 1. I can't wait to see what Rob Ryan has instore for a healthy Scandrick! I want to see me some Corner Blitz's!! Speaking of Corners, they will have there hands full. Brady loves to spread the ball around. But, his primary target in Wes Welker is a beast of slot WR. I'm going to be watching this matchup with Scandrick all game long. Scandrick just got that nice contract extension in preseason so he is going to have to step up his game against Welker and prove he is worth that contract on this one.

8. Our DLine is top in the league against run. NE has recently made a point to run the ball more to keep a more balanced offense. Our Dline needs to keep up with what they are doing and shut down their run game. If they can get a little pressure from the middle of the line, that would be benificial as well.

9. The line backers, specifically Lee and James are going to have there hands full with that quartett of TE's and RB's that Billicheat and Brady have. All of them are really good in the passing games. Lee and James are going to have to take away the flats and underneath patterns. Keep them from picking up the hard yardage.

10. Battle of the HC's. This will be Garretts first crack as a HC going against the 3 time Superbowl winning HC. Can Garrett have this team prepared and ready to play against one of the elite teams in the league. Garretts preparation, game plans and play calling need to be at its best in order to contend in this game. Time to show what he has.

This is going to be a very good game to watch. I feel we match up very well. We can take this game if Garrett and Romo are on their A game and throw in a few new wrinkles from Rob Ryan. I'm sure Ryan has some tricks up his sleeves that we haven't seen yet, that is not on film for Brady and Billicheat to pick apart and digest. Time to see some new stuff.

zigomanis18
Co- Pilot

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hawk wrote:
1. Can Tony Romo bounce back once again. He had a horrible outing in his last game against Detroit (who is now 5-0  ). We are going to need an A game from Romo if we are going to get into a shoot out with the Pats! He is going to have to control the ball and not turn it over.

2. A healthy recieving corps. Can we keep our starters on the field for a full 4 quarters with out them getting reinjured or out of gas! We are going to need Miles and Bryant to come up big in this game.

3. Felix Jones and the other RB's. NE is in the middles of the pack at 13th ranked defense against the run. We can not become 1 dementional against a Brady ran offense. We need to stay balanced and control the clock.

4. The Offensive line has slowly improved in run blocking. However, they are not where they need to be. Have they improved over the bye week. We are going to need this group at its best to not only help protect Romo but to open up running lanes to keep us from becoming one dementional on offense.

5. Our pass rush. Don't know the status of OT Sebastian Vollmer and his injury in NE, but if he remains out, we have to take advantage of it. Nate Soldier has had the start the last 4 games. He has been shaky at times. A fully rested Ware and Spencer need to take full advantage and keep the pressure on Brady, hit him, knock him down, get that uniform dirty and rack up the sacks! A frustrated Brady is realistically the best way for us to win.

6. Rob Ryan and his defense's have given Brady fits the last few meetings. Can he do it again with a better talented unit than what he has had in the past.

7. Our 3 top CB's will be on the field together for the first time since TC really started. And this will be the first game for Scandrick since week 1. I can't wait to see what Rob Ryan has instore for a healthy Scandrick! I want to see me some Corner Blitz's!! Speaking of Corners, they will have there hands full. Brady loves to spread the ball around. But, his primary target in Wes Welker is a beast of slot WR. I'm going to be watching this matchup with Scandrick all game long. Scandrick just got that nice contract extension in preseason so he is going to have to step up his game against Welker and prove he is worth that contract on this one.

8. Our DLine is top in the league against run. NE has recently made a point to run the ball more to keep a more balanced offense. Our Dline needs to keep up with what they are doing and shut down their run game. If they can get a little pressure from the middle of the line, that would be benificial as well.

9. The line backers, specifically Lee and James are going to have there hands full with that quartett of TE's and RB's that Billicheat and Brady have. All of them are really good in the passing games. Lee and James are going to have to take away the flats and underneath patterns. Keep them from picking up the hard yardage.

10. Battle of the HC's. This will be Garretts first crack as a HC going against the 3 time Superbowl winning HC. Can Garrett have this team prepared and ready to play against one of the elite teams in the league. Garretts preparation, game plans and play calling need to be at its best in order to contend in this game. Time to show what he has.

This is going to be a very good game to watch. I feel we match up very well. We can take this game if Garrett and Romo are on their A game and throw in a few new wrinkles from Rob Ryan. I'm sure Ryan has some tricks up his sleeves that we haven't seen yet, that is not on film for Brady and Billicheat to pick apart and digest. Time to see some new stuff.

AAH My friend..Finally got serious. None of this 'We are going to kick his ***" bulsh*t. Glad to see. VERY well written I might add.

You said alot..but Hawk...I will tell you THIS one thing....PRESSURE on BRADY EARLY , OFTEN, AND ALL AFTERNOON. We do it...we CAN win. We Don't we lose...simply as that. In the three game the Patriots have played in the Playoffs, they have lost them all and the ONE thing that was evident was PRESSURE up the middle on Brady. THAT is the ONE and only key to this. We will NOT win a shootout in new England. We tried that in Dallas in '07', stayed close for 2.5 quarters and then ran out of gas. No one usually wins a shootout with new England. If they beat them, it's because they took  the Brady factor out of the game.

Even IF Romo has a perfect game, the Defense NEEDS to step it up. We CAN score 35 points and lose this game.

quitesanemax
Traveler

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Romo seems to have his one bad game then has one good game...  I am expecting a good game out of him this week.   A well rested Cowboys team could definitely do what it takes to get to that  NE defense, which has been pretty shabby up til now.   Miles Austin being healthy would make it very difficult for our defense.   You mentioned the Pats run defense which is ranked... whatever you said.   The Pats pass defense is probably still ranked near to last.   So this is all going to hinge on how Romo does.   And that Pats defense has a way of making a bad offense look good...  Dallas does not have a bad offense.   We also do not have Mayo... against an offense that is doing good, that could be big.

One of the key matchups, like you said, is the Cowboys run D against the Pats newly found running game.   I hadn't realized that the Cowboys run D was up near #1.   Then this is gong to be a real big test for us.  The only way our defense has a chance against Romo and company is if Romo has a bunch of turnovers, which I am not expecting, or if our offense keeps them off the field as much as possible... that hinges on how the running game goes for us.   If the Cowboys stop  the running game,  then all they have to do is what you mention.... pressure Brady.   Very doable.    I think Brady got sacked something like 4 times against the Jets last week.   I think teams are finding the weaknesses with our OL.

Max
We play.  That's what we do!  We don't talk.  We play!  You come to Foxboro, its gonna be snowing!...  ...You want to say all you want.  You want to change the rules.  Change them!  We still play, and we win!  That's what we do!

Tedy Bruschi  '05
quitesanemax
Traveler

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find it kind of funny that you call him Belicheat even though your own coach admitted to doing the exact same thing back when he won a Superbowl for you guys.  Guess that makes him a cheat as well...

: )

Max
We play.  That's what we do!  We don't talk.  We play!  You come to Foxboro, its gonna be snowing!...  ...You want to say all you want.  You want to change the rules.  Change them!  We still play, and we win!  That's what we do!

Tedy Bruschi  '05
zigomanis18
Co- Pilot

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

quitesanemax wrote:
I find it kind of funny that you call him Belicheat even though your own coach admitted to doing the exact same thing back when he won a Superbowl for you guys.  Guess that makes him a cheat as well...

: )

Max

What's Up Max Buddy? Far cry from the Bruin's boards huh? At least we don't have NASHLY to deal with here! LOL!

Anyways, All the points made here are great..but the ONE thing I keep saying is pressure on Brady. The Cowboys will NOT win a shootout. Simple as that. I DON'T have faith in Romo in a shootout in NE.

As For "Belicheat?" I agree 100% I am personally tired of hearing that. I am NOT  Patriot's fan as you know, but your right, Johnson admitted to that and plainly said that all coaches do the same. you don't get that much of an advantage anyways. and Besides, the Patriots have remained very good after that episode. So , if their success was supposedly all from cheating, how come the team keeps doing well?
1adam12
Gate Keeper

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, i'll bite.

i read all that stuff up there, and have decided you guys need a hobby or two...but...here goes.

if you're saying that nfc east is easy to win because of other teams inconsistency, but also saying that the cowboys (romo especially) have a good week following a bad week (which sounds a bit like inconsistency), that just puts dallas in the right division, it doesn't make them champs.

the patriots are one of the best teams of all time.  this team may be weaker defensively (presumably, since it's still too early to really tell), but with brady i would expect a run any time now.  can the cowboys beat the best team ever?  sure, any team can...but it would be an upset for most of them.

rose-colored-imaginations is what we have here.  if the cowboys win, they will be setting you up for misery directly afterwards, because romo is really not the kind of qb that leads a team to a superbowl win.  (which is not to say he couldn't possibly do it...just not too likely.  we saw chicago go to the superbowl with one of the worst qb's in the nfl not too long ago, but dallas is not that kind of team.)

if they're playing on sunday, maybe you guys should just go for a long quiet walk and just check the scores later in the day.

patriots 41, cowboys 43  LoL, just kidding.
Hawk
Universal Guide

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow ....... A can of mixed nuts......lmao.....Adam I have a hobby ...its called the INTERNET

Brady runs like a girl, and the cowboys will be chasing his *** all day Sunday

Max the belicheat thing was just for you....I don't get much of a chance to rib you anymore

Zig has gone to the darkside....he;s ruled by anti-matter haha what he says just doesn't matter sometimes.... However it plays out, this should be a helluva game to watch....a football fans dream.

I see MBC's wife took his computer privileges away again.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hawksrealm Sports Talk Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: