;
hawksrealm Sports Talk Forum Index hawksrealm Sports Talk
Everybody posting deserves RESPECT

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    UsergroupsUsergroups    Join! (free) Join! (free)  
  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

Players of the Week Challenge
Page 1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:23 am    Post subject: Players of the Week Challenge  Reply with quote

Here is the new Game Quitesanemax has put together for everybody

Okay, here is the gist of the new game that Hawk promised you.  You may remember this from some sports show that used to (and may still for all I know) do it.  I don't remember what the sports show was, or what they called the game... so I made up my own name.   After reading it, please let me know if any of you remember it.

We predict the following:
            (Please list the Player and the Team he plays for)
1.   QB that passes for over 300 yards.

2.   RB that runs for over 100 yards.

3.   WR that catches over 8 receptions.

4.   Defensive player that gets  9 tackles, this will be solo and assisted combined.

5.   You cannot use the same set of players 2 weeks in a row, so really all you need is 2 sets of players if you are lazy haha, or don't have the time. Then just alternate them every other week

Each is worth 1 point.   We keep score til the end of the year.  The one with the most points gets bragging rights on this board!

Pretty simple...    #1 and #2, I remember, are the same thing that the sports show used.  I'm not sure if 100 yards running might be too little, making it too easy, though.  #3 and #4 I just came up with, and I'm not sure how well they will work.   We may need to adjust the receptions and tackles to make it work better.  We will use them this week, because time is running short.  But next weekend, if people decide they don't like those ones, we can come up with others.  In fact, we can always come up with others anyway.  The more points we have a chance to get, the more interesting it would be, so I am open to suggestions for next week...

Anyway, that is the idea I had.  Hope people are interested!  I'll keep score in a spreadsheet, if it becomes necessary.

Max

My only suggestion is we wait til next week to get things rolling. That way people will have a chance to join in.
Admin

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We play.  That's what we do!  We don't talk.  We play!  You come to Foxboro, its gonna be snowing!...  ...You want to say all you want.  You want to change the rules.  Change them!  We still play, and we win!  That's what we do!

Tedy Bruschi  '05
quitesanemax
Traveler

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds good to me... gives time for people to give suggestions of other points we could get...

Max
We play.  That's what we do!  We don't talk.  We play!  You come to Foxboro, its gonna be snowing!...  ...You want to say all you want.  You want to change the rules.  Change them!  We still play, and we win!  That's what we do!

Tedy Bruschi  '05
BluenSilver4evr
Traveler

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the way it is, time for me to study up on some stats.

Count me in for sure next week.
quitesanemax
Traveler

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is one change I would like to make that would make it more challenging.  When you pick a player for a week, that means you can't pick that player for the next two weeks after that.   That way we don't have people picking, for instance, Adrian Peterson, every week because we all know he is going to get 100 yards just about every week.   It makes it so people have to look at the matchups... there will be a little more strategy to it.

Is everyone okay with that?

Max

Tedy Bruschi  '05
Nightrider
Shuttle Pilot

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had planned to rotate some players, but you having to keep track of the players might become difficult. Me just trying to remember who I picked each week in Last Man Standing is a chore lol

Looks like a good game, I'll be ready before Thursday, is there a game Thurs? See I don't have a clue lol
LoneStar
Shuttle Pilot

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in....Looks good to me
Hawk
Universal Guide

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Max:

MBC63 is in the hospital, so when I call him, I'll get his choices if he's able. I'll enter him separately so there won't be any confusion.
zigomanis18
Co- Pilot

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll start this week.
quitesanemax
Traveler

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Noghtrider, I hadn't even thought of that aspect of the rule... keeping track of it.  It wouldn't be all that difficult to keep track of, since I am going to put it all in a spreadsheet... the question is whether I'd be able to catch it in time to let the person know they need to change that pick.

How about this then... lets just say we can't pick the same player two weeks in a row.    That should be easy enough to keep track of.    Someone could easily enough miss that they picked that same player 2 weeks ago, and I don't want someone to lose a point because of such a silly error.  But they should be able to keep track of who they picked the week before.  That's not asking too much, is it?  Lol.  And it won't be difficult for me to track either.

By the way, sorry for your loss yesterday, Cowboys fans.  That was a touigh one.  I feel bad for Romo... so close to tying it up.    Wonder if the Broncos are for real... next weekend is our turn against them.     The Pats always have trouble in Denver!  That's a scary one.

Max

Tedy Bruschi  '05
quitesanemax
Traveler

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's fine, Hawk.  I hope everything goes okay for MBC63.  Does this have to do with the accident he posted about last week?  It sucks when stuff like that happens.  A blatant reminder that somethings ARE more important than football...  I hope him and all others involved with the accident have a full recovery!  

Max

Tedy Bruschi  '05
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hawksrealm Sports Talk Forum Index -> NFL All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 1 of 25

Jump to: