Archive for hawksrealm Sports Talk Everybody posting deserves RESPECT
 


       hawksrealm Sports Talk Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
Hawk

GD...Cowboys against somebody in Old London Town





I don't often drink Martini's but when I do I bet on the Cowboys

Overall record 3-2 Jags in the series. I want to know what the Blokes here think of this game...no Wankers allowed.



I put this up early so we might have some fun with language, get your fish and chips ready for this one.


We are playing here


Nightrider

When the Cowboys say cherio to Old England we'll be winners, 7-3 Baby
Hawk

Posted by Josh Alper on November 4, 2014, 11:10 AM EST

The Cowboys are optimistic that Tony Romo will be back at quarterback against the Jaguars this week and he passed the first obstacle between that hope and actually playing without any difficulty.

Romo said Tuesday, via Todd Archer of ESPNDallas.com, that his back was feeling fine after the long flight to London and he took some snaps at a Tuesday morning walkthrough before the team took part in an NFL promotional event.

The walkthrough wasn’t the same as a regular practice, of course, and the Cowboys won’t have one of those until Wednesday. Romo said he wasn’t sure at this point whether or not he’d be able to take part in that session.

Practicing Wednesday isn’t likely to be a prerequisite to Romo playing, although coach Jason Garrett has said more than once that he’ll need to see how Romo is moving on the field before he’s going to decide that Romo will return to the lineup.
BevoMav




That is all!
Hawk

Great Picture cheers
BluenSilver4evr

Hawk wrote:
Posted by Josh Alper on November 4, 2014, 11:10 AM EST

The Cowboys are optimistic that Tony Romo will be back at quarterback against the Jaguars this week and he passed the first obstacle between that hope and actually playing without any difficulty.

Romo said Tuesday, via Todd Archer of ESPNDallas.com, that his back was feeling fine after the long flight to London and he took some snaps at a Tuesday morning walkthrough before the team took part in an NFL promotional event.

The walkthrough wasn’t the same as a regular practice, of course, and the Cowboys won’t have one of those until Wednesday. Romo said he wasn’t sure at this point whether or not he’d be able to take part in that session.

Practicing Wednesday isn’t likely to be a prerequisite to Romo playing, although coach Jason Garrett has said more than once that he’ll need to see how Romo is moving on the field before he’s going to decide that Romo will return to the lineup.


I think this is all poppycock, if you can't start your backup QB against the worst team in the league get rid of him now.
Desperado

Cherio chaps, Cowboys are a big favorite with or with out Romo in this game.

We will kick their bums, or arse's which ever you prefer  cyclops_ani
Hawk

Hawk

El Kabong

Fiddlesticks, don't get your nickers all in a twist. The Cowboys are in a good place, beat the jags, and go into the buy week.

If Romo plays, it looks as though Free and Leary will also try and start.
Hawk

Blimy that Bloke Romo's going full practice today. If Romo plays we'll bugger those Jags and they can just go and sod off.
Hawk

Nightrider

Tony Romo (back) practiced again Friday and is considered "good to go" for Week 10 against the Jaguars.

            After receiving treatment Wednesday, Romo practiced both Thursday and Friday.  Jerry Jones has said all along that he anticipates Romo playing Sunday.  We'd expect the Cowboys to really pound the ball with DeMarco Murray on the ground as a way to protect Romo's back.  Although the Jaguars don't do much well, they have a legitimate pass rush as they're tied for third with 27 sacks
Hawk

Cowboys had 20 players who ignored the curfew on Fri.night. Rumor is the Vets went nuts on these guys, hope it doesn't spillover to the game.

I hope somebody like Fish will give us a list of these players. I can bet right now who one of those guys was!
BevoMav

Nightrider wrote:
Tony Romo (back) practiced again Friday and is considered "good to go" for Week 10 against the Jaguars.

            After receiving treatment Wednesday, Romo practiced both Thursday and Friday.  Jerry Jones has said all along that he anticipates Romo playing Sunday.  We'd expect the Cowboys to really pound the ball with DeMarco Murray on the ground as a way to protect Romo's back.  Although the Jaguars don't do much well, they have a legitimate pass rush as they're tied for third with 27 sacks


Nice pics..Too Tall is too funny..
BevoMav

Hawk wrote:
Cowboys had 20 players who ignored the curfew on Fri.night. Rumor is the Vets went nuts on these guys, hope it doesn't spillover to the game.

I hope somebody like Fish will give us a list of these players. I can bet right now who one of those guys was!


Friday was a suggested curfew but not mandatory. Only timed curfew was Saturday night.

Just more made up BS by media.

Go Cowboys  brilsmurf

Seems the UK doesn't actually know what a Cowboy is?


Hawk

Mike Fisher was Jolly on the spot: If you read closely I can tell Fish smells a cover-up, but will just let it drop.

The Dallas Cowboys have a sorta "corporate'' desire to own London. Owner Jerry Jones wants the "cachet'' and coach Jason Garrett wants the honor and star Dez Bryant wants all the little schoolchildren to Throw Up The X and maybe mix in some Roc and, if you score two touchdowns on six catches for 158 yards in a single quarter in a pounding of the Jaguars, as happened Sunday at Wembley Stadium, maybe you mix in some sort of LeBron-themed dance, too.

"I just kept adding on,'' Dez joked of a Sunday celebration that was almost as extended as his Friday celebration, when the clock struck midnight and he and some of the fellas hadn't returned home to the Grosvenor Hotel on a night when there was either a curfew, a "soft curfew'' or no curfew at all.

Let's dispense with this issue first, because it was a lead story on the NFL Network as the Cowboys will always be a lead story if they are 7-3 for the first time since 2009 and winners of five straight roadies for the first time since 2007 and a team that moves the needle in ways not 1,000 Jaguars teams could do.

The national report insisted "20 Cowboys missed curfew on Friday" and that coaches were irate. That's a lotta guys to be going rogue. Is there dissension in the ranks? Almost half the team coming unglued? Way too many guys violated the "business-trip'' concept that had been uttered almost by rote to me by dozens and dozens of guys all week?

Shortly after the TV report, I went to the Wembley Stadium field and visited with a trio of coaches. They essentially said: Yes, we had some late guys. No, it was nowhere near 20. No, nobody was pissed. No, it won't have any impact on lineups, relationships, or the game.

And then the Cowboys went out and kicked the Jaguars' *** all over the mushy field.

Coach Jason Garrett himself told me a few days ago there was a midnight curfew. But did that get loosened for Friday? Or misunderstood? Did it matter?

"It was no problem," Bryant told me after the game, conceding that he was with the late group. "We really didn't know (about any curfew) because it was a Friday night. We had a good time. We didn't think nothing about it. It's not an issue at all."

Later, at the hotel, outside Red Room, Garrett told me, "We had one bed check all week. That was Saturday. There's nothing here."

What there is is a semantic game, with COO Stephen Jones informing me that the club "monitored'' the players and warned them about late-night trouble in a foreign country - but insisting there is absolutely no indication of trouble between "irate" coaches and "disrespectful" players.

"We won the game, didn't we?'' said Dez, effectively dismissing the issue.

On Saturday, Garrett announced to a crowd that "it's important everybody here understands that the Dallas Cowboys are not only 'America's Team,' but they're 'Great Britain's Team,' too!'' That goes hand-in-hand with Jerry's revenue-stream wishes and with a player like Dez who wishes to be, in his words, an "icon.''

But really, it's a grand enough accomplishment not to conquer Great Britain and not to conquer the United States, but rather to handle two other foes: The aforementioned distractions that come with being Dallas and with being good ... and the Jags, who are now still stuck on one win.

Dallas ran DeMarco Murray and company at Jax' No. 24-ranked run defense, the NFL's leading ground-gainer chewing up 100 yards on 19 carries on a turf that got increasingly chewed up. In the second quarter, Tony Romo (20/27 for 246 yards and three TDs) and Dez went to the air, Bryant recording all of his six catches for 158 yards and two spectacular TD's in the period. The Cowboys offense, even after mediocre work in two straight losses to Washington and Arizona, came in leading the NFL in third-down conversions at 53 percent and the O-line was muscular here with more of the same. ... and the man they protect, Romo, is now a world-beating 26-4 in the month of November.

The defense pitched in with upfront pressure from Melton and Mincey and company (and a first-career sack by corner Brandon Carr) and rookie middle linebacker Anthony Hitchens getting nine tackles playing in place of Rolando McClain.

And now, once we stagger out of "Red Room,'' get on a Monday morning plane and get home, they get a bye. Well-earned. Much-needed.

But hey, DeMarco, didn't you guys have fun here? Once the NFL achieves its Manifest Destiny, could you maybe envision yourself playing running back for the London Whatsits?

"I love playing for the Cowboys and I love Dallas," DeMarco said, and once we put this curfew thing -- and ourselves -- to bed, there's a lot to like
Hawk

BevoMav wrote:
Hawk wrote:
Cowboys had 20 players who ignored the curfew on Fri.night. Rumor is the Vets went nuts on these guys, hope it doesn't spillover to the game.

I hope somebody like Fish will give us a list of these players. I can bet right now who one of those guys was!


Friday was a suggested curfew but not mandatory. Only timed curfew was Saturday night.

Just more made up BS by media.

Go Cowboys  brilsmurf

Seems the UK doesn't actually know what a Cowboy is?




Maybe they thought the Longhorns were playing....oops I know thta's a sore subject Heh heh....
Hawk

The Picture of Tom and Too Tall is 1986 preseason game against the Bears in London.
Nightrider

A win is a win, and I'm glad to see us win when we are supposed to. I watched what Den and GB did. Those teams just seem to have the killer instinct we get a big lead and then just coast.

Its no wonder our defense can't catch a break. They send in Weeden and he does nothing. The Jags get 10 points and makes the D look bad.

But we are where we need to be at the moment. But I'll be honest I still don't have a clue how good or bad this team is. But I do believe I'll know after the first Eagles game.
LoneStar

It was great to seethe O-line and Tony allon the field together again. Plus they had 1 sack and we had 4,things are looking up.

Hitchens is a winner, Cowboys so far look like they had a great draft.

I will admit, its troubling that Bryant's name keeps coming up all the time. It seems trivial but makes me wonder, why doesn't this kid slow his roll a little bit.
BevoMav

Couple of items:

Good get on the Fisher post. I didn't see that. Curfew Gate is once again the national media making something of nothing.

Speaking of the media. The last two games were lost because Romo got hurt and our running backs put the ball on the ground. Everyone was raving about the Cardinals but they beat Dallas by 11 and Weeden was as bad as I have seen a QB play. Dallas wins the game easily if Romo was playing.

Those two well meaning Brits were wearing Holstein Cows suits. You could see their udders. Longhorns are nothing close but I would not expect a guy from Arizona and living in Belize to know the difference.  bounce
Hawk

BevoMav wrote:
Couple of items:

Good get on the Fisher post. I didn't see that. Curfew Gate is once again the national media making something of nothing.

Speaking of the media. The last two games were lost because Romo got hurt and our running backs put the ball on the ground. Everyone was raving about the Cardinals but they beat Dallas by 11 and Weeden was as bad as I have seen a QB play. Dallas wins the game easily if Romo was playing.

Those two well meaning Brits were wearing Holstein Cows suits. You could see their udders. Longhorns are nothing close but I would not expect a guy from Arizona and living in Belize to know the difference.  bounce



Nightrider

Those costumes were udderly ridiculous.

wav
BevoMav

Nightrider wrote:
Those costumes were udderly ridiculous.

wav


Nice  cheers

       hawksrealm Sports Talk Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum
; ;HomeHomeHomeHomeHomeHomeHomeHomeHomeHome