Archive for hawksrealm Sports Talk Everybody posting deserves RESPECT
 


       hawksrealm Sports Talk Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
BevoMav

Cowboys WR Target

I hear Dallas is talking to Nate Burleson. He played (9) games for the Lions last season with 39 catches for 461 yards and a TD.


Hawk

I've never heard of him
LoneStar

We just cut Austin, what do you see that makes this guy special bevo?
Nightrider

Jag Jag Jag, give Miles a contracthe can do that with bad Hammy's
Desperado

No way Jose, what a waste of time and money what makes this guy special?
BevoMav

LoneStar wrote:
We just cut Austin, what do you see that makes this guy special bevo?


I see nothing special in Nate. Austin was cut, like many other players in the league, because of the salary cap hit, not because he can't play.

I think the Cowboys want a veteran as an option. If Dez, who has a bad back, goes down, we are looking at Williams and bunch of young guys. Burleson or some other vet could bring in experience.
Desperado

I agree with everything you just said, but I don't really like this guy. We have a lot of talent at the WRer position right now, maybe too much. They need to get their TEs rolling next season, I always thought that was the plan.

Austin was probably the higest paid UDFA who ever played the WRer position. I still think there's a chance he'll sign a 1 yr deal, if he's healthy.

What is Moss up to lol?
BevoMav

Desperado wrote:
I agree with everything you just said, but I don't really like this guy. We have a lot of talent at the WRer position right now, maybe too much. They need to get their TEs rolling next season, I always thought that was the plan.

Austin was probably the higest paid UDFA who ever played the WRer position. I still think there's a chance he'll sign a 1 yr deal, if he's healthy.

What is Moss up to lol?


Too much WR talent? A joke right?

We have Dez, with his back issues..from there who would you count on to win a big game? Williams..ok? but the rest are Beasley and a few special teams guys who act like WR..

Burleson had nearly 500 yards in 9 games, but if not him then a guy like Santonio Holmes. No way they can go into the season without a number three receiver..
Desperado

I guess you forgot about Harris, come on no more Wrers unless its Austin.
BevoMav

OK..It's not me making these decisions, and I have not forgot about Harris or Austin.

Austin is gone and the Cowboys value Harris too much on special teams to put him at the third receiver. IMO

but...just read the latest. Expect a contract soon on Burleson.

Sounds like the new OC, who coached Burleson at Detroit, is behind this move.
Hawk

BevoMav wrote:
OK..It's not me making these decisions, and I have not forgot about Harris or Austin.

Austin is gone and the Cowboys value Harris too much on special teams to put him at the third receiver. IMO

but...just read the latest. Expect a contract soon on Burleson.

Sounds like the new OC, who coached Burleson at Detroit, is behind this move.

Yeah you could be right, he played for Linehan and what I've read on him is good. He's like Austin in the fact he can play all the WRer positions.

They are also showing interest in Decoud a Safety, They could use this guy, seems we are at least getting some depth.
LoneStar

Cowboys have had Tim Bedford waiting in the wings for 2 seasons, and I think he stays.No need at the moment for other WRers when you have 5 right now. Plus we have some good TE's we need to get the ball to. Hanna, Escovar, and Witten.
BevoMav

Hawk wrote:
BevoMav wrote:
OK..It's not me making these decisions, and I have not forgot about Harris or Austin.

Austin is gone and the Cowboys value Harris too much on special teams to put him at the third receiver. IMO

but...just read the latest. Expect a contract soon on Burleson.

Sounds like the new OC, who coached Burleson at Detroit, is behind this move.

Yeah you could be right, he played for Linehan and what I've read on him is good. He's like Austin in the fact he can play all the WRer positions.

They are also showing interest in Decoud a Safety, They could use this guy, seems we are at least getting some depth.




Thomas DeCoud is an American football free safety and is currently a free agent. He played college football for the University of California, Berkeley. DeCoud was drafted in the third round by the Falcons in the 2008 NFL Draft.

Born: March 19, 1985 (age 29), Vallejo, CA

I only found any mention of him being targeted by Detroit, and I don't know much about him, other than the above bio.
Hawk

LoneStar wrote:
Cowboys have had Tim Bedford waiting in the wings for 2 seasons, and I think he stays.No need at the moment for other WRers when you have 5 right now. Plus we have some good TE's we need to get the ball to. Hanna, Escovar, and Witten.


I don't have a clue if and when the Cowboys start using these TEs. That's been a rumor for yrs and has never happened.

They tried the H-back on running plays, sorry it never worked for us. Murray has proven he can run behind a blocking FB, maybe we need to find a good one.
BevoMav

Good point about tight ends. I think the Cowboys have high hopes of incorporating Gavin Escobar heavily into this offense. Again, that's what I hear..

Breaking News:

I just heard Stephen Jones say the Cowboys didn't resign Ware or Hatcher because giving large contracts to guys over 30 is what got this team in trouble, and they have to change their thinking.

He went on to say football is for young guys, and they will sign over 30 guys in the future, but not to significant contracts.
Hawk

Yes, and just how old is Stephen, maybe the Cowboys should be drafting for the FO....lmao
BevoMav

Hawk wrote:
Yes, and just how old is Stephen, maybe the Cowboys should be drafting for the FO....lmao


Hear Dallas filed a grievence against Ratliff for the return of his 2013 signing bonus. Their contention is he was not injured, instead he just wanted out of Dallas.

and...the Cowboys were awarded 3 compensatory picks in the 7th round. They now have 11 picks, but the compensatory picks can't be traded.
LoneStar

Back to the original post, Cowboys told his agent after the draft we'll be talking with you. Doesn't sound like the Cowboys are interested if they are done for the next 43 days talking with FA's.
LoneStar

Ratliff is really about to have a Karma check, good luck with that you fing Rat.
BevoMav

LoneStar wrote:
Back to the original post, Cowboys told his agent after the draft we'll be talking with you. Doesn't sound like the Cowboys are interested if they are done for the next 43 days talking with FA's.


I just read a post in the same DMN that said the Cowboys explored some options but are, for the moment, happy with their receivers.
Hawk

BevoMav wrote:
LoneStar wrote:
Back to the original post, Cowboys told his agent after the draft we'll be talking with you. Doesn't sound like the Cowboys are interested if they are done for the next 43 days talking with FA's.


I just read a post in the same DMN that said the Cowboys explored some options but are, for the moment, happy with their receivers.


I think I said that a week ago compress
BevoMav

Hawk wrote:
BevoMav wrote:
LoneStar wrote:
Back to the original post, Cowboys told his agent after the draft we'll be talking with you. Doesn't sound like the Cowboys are interested if they are done for the next 43 days talking with FA's.


I just read a post in the same DMN that said the Cowboys explored some options but are, for the moment, happy with their receivers.


I think I said that a week ago compress


True, but it's not official until I say it's official hello1

       hawksrealm Sports Talk Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum
; ;HomeHomeHomeHomeHomeHomeHomeHomeHomeHome