Archive for hawksrealm Sports Talk Everybody posting deserves RESPECT
 


       hawksrealm Sports Talk Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
Hawk

Cowboys Vs. the Chargers




                                      VS.







Hawk

Cowboys will win this the end


Desperado

Here is a brief statistical leader look at the next opponent for the Dallas Cowboys, the San Diego Chargers:


PASSING

QB Philip Rivers   70-100 (70%)  798 yards  11.4 ypc   8 TD's  1 Int.   sacked 5 times


RUSHING

HB Ryan Matthews  45 rushes  164 yards  3.6 ypc   1 fumble

RECEIVING

TE Antonio Gates  15 catches   228 yards  15.2 ypc  1 TD

WR Malcolm Floyd  6 catches  149 yards  24.8 ypc   (Neck Injury: Out Indefinitely)

WR Eddie Royal  12 catches  148 yards  12.3 ypc  5 TD's

HB Danny Woodhead  17 catches  108 yards  6.4 ypc


The usually turnover prone QB Rivers has been very efficient in the first 3 games of the season (not reflective in their 1-2 record). The rushing attack has been modest with HB Matthews leading the way and the receiving corps is once again being lead by TE Gates with both WR Floyd (Out with Injury) and Royal making major contributions.

Dallas will have to really step up defensively to shut down the Chargers passing attack by getting into QB Rivers face early and often as he doesn't do well when rattled.  


DEFENSE

After the first 3 games of the season, the Chargers opponents have rang up the following numbers:

Opponents Passing  80-119 (67.2%)  1,073 yards  13.41 ypc  6 TD's  1 Int.  sacked 6 times

Opponents Rushing  76 carries  390 yards  5.1 ypc  2 TD's   2 fumbles



The San Diego defense, which runs a base 3-4, has been exposed in the rushing game and their leading tackler is FS Eric Weddle.

If Dallas is able to get a similar rushing performance out of Murray as they did against the Rams, the Chargers will be forced to put 7 in the box thereby possibly opening up the passing game for QB Romo.

The game is in San Diego, a 415PM EST start time, and the early weather forecast is estimated to be 77 degrees and partly cloudy come game time
Hawk

welcome to the Cowboys defense Rivers:


Nightrider

The "same old Cowboys" of recent years would now go to San Diego and lose a close game. Let's see if this year's team is different.

Of course, after yesterday I'll bet many here will expect an easy blowout in San Diego next Sunday.

I see the Cowboys winning this one...imposing their will on this team.
1adam12

I have my worries about the AFC.  They look stronger; even their weaker teams look stronger.  In fact, since the Cowboys have been in a SuperGame, there have been at least 5 more wins by the AFC than the NFC (I'll check later, to make sure I'm not an *****).  Of the wins that the NFC has had, 2 of them were by the Giants beating the Patriots... in both case, the Patriots were the better team, but the Giants got the win (and I still laugh about it). [I hate the Giants unless they are playing the Patriots in the Super Bowl.]

The Cowboys will struggle, but so will the Chargers.  Both of these teams have a tendency to do well in early-season games, and it is in San Diego, so I'm giving them the nod (I hope I'm wrong).

Chargers 32
Cowboys 27
Hawk

1adam12 wrote:
I have my worries about the AFC.  They look stronger; even their weaker teams look stronger.  In fact, since the Cowboys have been in a SuperGame, there have been at least 5 more wins by the AFC than the NFC (I'll check later, to make sure I'm not an *****).  Of the wins that the NFC has had, 2 of them were by the Giants beating the Patriots... in both case, the Patriots were the better team, but the Giants got the win (and I still laugh about it). [I hate the Giants unless they are playing the Patriots in the Super Bowl.]

The Cowboys will struggle, but so will the Chargers.  Both of these teams have a tendency to do well in early-season games, and it is in San Diego, so I'm giving them the nod (I hope I'm wrong).

Chargers 32
Cowboys 27


Well of course you are wrong....but what else is new lol....you have been missed, but I know if the Cowboys have a good season we'll drag your *** back here.
Desperado

Hawk wrote:
1adam12 wrote:
I have my worries about the AFC.  They look stronger; even their weaker teams look stronger.  In fact, since the Cowboys have been in a SuperGame, there have been at least 5 more wins by the AFC than the NFC (I'll check later, to make sure I'm not an *****).  Of the wins that the NFC has had, 2 of them were by the Giants beating the Patriots... in both case, the Patriots were the better team, but the Giants got the win (and I still laugh about it). [I hate the Giants unless they are playing the Patriots in the Super Bowl.]

The Cowboys will struggle, but so will the Chargers.  Both of these teams have a tendency to do well in early-season games, and it is in San Diego, so I'm giving them the nod (I hope I'm wrong).

Chargers 32
Cowboys 27




Well of course you are wrong....but what else is new lol....you have been missed, but I know if the Cowboys have a good season we'll drag your *** back here.



Adam shame on you, Cowboys will beat these guys like a drum. Then the following week, their defense is going to put that old man Manning in the turf at Jerry world, and you will see just how tuff the NFC can be. By the way welcome back, haven't had any good arguments since you left lol.
Nightrider

Welcome back Adam, we missed your gloom and doom lmao druid
BevoMav

Nightrider wrote:
The "same old Cowboys" of recent years would now go to San Diego and lose a close game. Let's see if this year's team is different.

Of course, after yesterday I'll bet many here will expect an easy blowout in San Diego next Sunday.

I see the Cowboys winning this one...imposing their will on this team.


Cowboys haven't lost to Chargers since 1983..but..this game might be the difference in the season..

Win and go 3-1..Lose and come home and face the Broncos at 2-2.

This team has had trouble putting back to back wins. If they don't give the game away, they win
1adam12

You guys just look at it through rose-colored glasses.  I'm just more realistic.  I never get credit when my 'gloom and doom' is correct, you bastiges just whine because I'm not fool enough to not recognize our faults.

I think we match up pretty well with both the Chargers and the Broncos.  I don't think either game will be a blow out.  I do expect both of them to be tough to win...however, I do want the Cowboys to win.  (that would have read, 'I do want us to win' in the past).

True, I could be brought back a bit, if the Cowboys play well in December and January, but in a reality-based world, we would be concerned with September thru November first.  Can the Cowboys win more than half their games thru November?  Sure.  Can they win any games in January? I just don't believe they are that type of team.

Again, the Chargers are an early team too!  Early in the season, both of these teams have been known to impress their fans.  If, however, you have no concerns with your teams tenacity past November, then the Cowboys (and many others) are a great pick.

It is often said that blood is thicker than water.  This team does not share my blood type!  They are a step-team to me, and would have to put something on the line to earn my full respect.  This does not mean that I am not a fan, it simply means that my rose-colored glasses are safely tucked in the sock drawer for now.

Fair-weather fan?  Flock ewe!  Honest?  Okay.
Desperado

1adam12 wrote:
You guys just look at it through rose-colored glasses.  I'm just more realistic.  I never get credit when my 'gloom and doom' is correct, you bastiges just whine because I'm not fool enough to not recognize our faults.

I think we match up pretty well with both the Chargers and the Broncos.  I don't think either game will be a blow out.  I do expect both of them to be tough to win...however, I do want the Cowboys to win.  (that would have read, 'I do want us to win' in the past).

True, I could be brought back a bit, if the Cowboys play well in December and January, but in a reality-based world, we would be concerned with September thru November first.  Can the Cowboys win more than half their games thru November?  Sure.  Can they win any games in January? I just don't believe they are that type of team.

Again, the Chargers are an early team too!  Early in the season, both of these teams have been known to impress their fans.  If, however, you have no concerns with your teams tenacity past November, then the Cowboys (and many others) are a great pick.

It is often said that blood is thicker than water.  This team does not share my blood type!  They are a step-team to me, and would have to put something on the line to earn my full respect.  This does not mean that I am not a fan, it simply means that my rose-colored glasses are safely tucked in the sock drawer for now.

Fair-weather fan?  Flock ewe!  Honest?  Okay.


Well if you are going to be realistic, this team has depth (I know not on the D-Line right now) but Austin gets hurt we have back-ups, Murray gets hurt we have back-ups. Actually we can field some decent guys at most of the positions.

This team healthy can play with anybody, theres no way in hell we will have the injuries we had last year, even then we were 2 minutes from getting in the playoffs.

Its a long season, but I see us in the playoffs at the end.
Hawk

1adam12 wrote:
You guys just look at it through rose-colored glasses.  I'm just more realistic.  I never get credit when my 'gloom and doom' is correct, you bastiges just whine because I'm not fool enough to not recognize our faults.

I think we match up pretty well with both the Chargers and the Broncos.  I don't think either game will be a blow out.  I do expect both of them to be tough to win...however, I do want the Cowboys to win.  (that would have read, 'I do want us to win' in the past).

True, I could be brought back a bit, if the Cowboys play well in December and January, but in a reality-based world, we would be concerned with September thru November first.  Can the Cowboys win more than half their games thru November?  Sure.  Can they win any games in January? I just don't believe they are that type of team.

Again, the Chargers are an early team too!  Early in the season, both of these teams have been known to impress their fans.  If, however, you have no concerns with your teams tenacity past November, then the Cowboys (and many others) are a great pick.

It is often said that blood is thicker than water.  This team does not share my blood type!  They are a step-team to me, and would have to put something on the line to earn my full respect.  This does not mean that I am not a fan, it simply means that my rose-colored glasses are safely tucked in the sock drawer for now.

Fair-weather fan?  Flock ewe!  Honest?  Okay.



zigomanis18

This is one of those weird games that's hard to predict. Our defense was perfect last week. If we can come even close to that type of performance, we can win.

I am thinking positive...Cowboys 27 Chargers  20
Hawk

Desperado wrote:
1adam12 wrote:
You guys just look at it through rose-colored glasses.  I'm just more realistic.  I never get credit when my 'gloom and doom' is correct, you bastiges just whine because I'm not fool enough to not recognize our faults.

I think we match up pretty well with both the Chargers and the Broncos.  I don't think either game will be a blow out.  I do expect both of them to be tough to win...however, I do want the Cowboys to win.  (that would have read, 'I do want us to win' in the past).

True, I could be brought back a bit, if the Cowboys play well in December and January, but in a reality-based world, we would be concerned with September thru November first.  Can the Cowboys win more than half their games thru November?  Sure.  Can they win any games in January? I just don't believe they are that type of team.

Again, the Chargers are an early team too!  Early in the season, both of these teams have been known to impress their fans.  If, however, you have no concerns with your teams tenacity past November, then the Cowboys (and many others) are a great pick.

It is often said that blood is thicker than water.  This team does not share my blood type!  They are a step-team to me, and would have to put something on the line to earn my full respect.  This does not mean that I am not a fan, it simply means that my rose-colored glasses are safely tucked in the sock drawer for now.

Fair-weather fan?  Flock ewe!  Honest?  Okay.


Well if you are going to be realistic, this team has depth (I know not on the D-Line right now) but Austin gets hurt we have back-ups, Murray gets hurt we have back-ups. Actually we can field some decent guys at most of the positions.

This team healthy can play with anybody, theres no way in hell we will have the injuries we had last year, even then we were 2 minutes from getting in the playoffs.

Its a long season, but I see us in the playoffs at the end.


IRVING, Texas - The Cowboys added some depth to the defensive line by churning that bottom of the roster once again.

The club signed former Colts defensive tackle Drake Nevis (6-1, 297) on Tuesday and waived Jerome Long.

Nevis, who worked out with the Cowboys last week, was a third-round pick of Indianapolis in 2011. He played in 14 games for the Colts the last two years, even started three games in 2012. The former LSU standout finished both of his first two seasons in the league on IR, with hand and back injuries the last two years.

Nevis was released at the end of this past training camp. He was claimed off waivers by the Chargers but released shortly after.

At LSU, Nevis started 18 games and was a first-team All-American in 2010. Nevis joins a Cowboys locker room that has former LSU teammates Morris Claiborne and Danny McCray. Nevis was also a teammate of Caesar Rayford, who came over from Indianapolis.

Long, who spent training camp with the Cowboys in Oxnard, was cut at the end of the preseason but then re-signed just before the first game against the Giants. Long has played the last three games for the Cowboys
but has been more of a rotational player.
Hawk

zigomanis18 wrote:
This is one of those weird games that's hard to predict. Our defense was perfect last week. If we can come even close to that type of performance, we can win.

I am thinking positive...Cowboys 27 Chargers  20


Actually I think each week our defense is getting stronger, if they play like last week Cowboys will blow SD off the field.
1adam12

I would copy and paste what you ****** wrote, but you already know! (Can't understand why everyone wants to do it though...just respond.)  What you wrote, looked like this to me:  "Adam, you're wrong, the Cowboys are different this year."

The Chargers game won't prove a whole bunch to me, since I have seen these same Cowboys beat the Giants early in the season a few times.  We know the end result.

"Realistically", I would like to see us split with the Chargers and Broncos, and be 3-2 at that point.  I HOPE we can win both (because it's early, and the games aren't as important, it could happen).  I hope you 'optimists' realize that if the Broncos were playing for a playoff appearance, we absolutely would have to hope for Peyton to break his leg early (and that's just mean, LoL).  Conversely, if the Chargers were playing for a playoff berth, I think we would have a chance!  Both the Cowboys and Chargers have really not been tenacious enough, when tenacity is all that matters.

Side note: Adam Jones and Terence Newman looked like rock stars out there last week!

Back to our regularly scheduled ***** session:  Anyway, the Chargers can be beat, and the Cowboys may be the right team to do it.  If I'm asked (and I think I was) to guess as to the outcome...and I'm going to base the guess on all the available knowledge, without letting my 'wishes' take control, I will state (as I have) that the Chargers edge the Cowboys.

I WANT TO BE WRONG. You guys have checked before, and found me to be right about this ****.

Now.  If you are going to take it a step further, and tell me that the Cowboys are going to win both games, I hope you understand the immense amount of good luck (for them), and bad luck (for Denver) that is involved?!  Yes, it can happen.  I hope it does.  It won't!

Erase my comment before I look like a damn genius! (and I don't know how you find it so troubling to see reality)

Adam
Desperado

1adam12 wrote:
I would copy and paste what you ****** wrote, but you already know! (Can't understand why everyone wants to do it though...just respond.)  What you wrote, looked like this to me:  "Adam, you're wrong, the Cowboys are different this year."

The Chargers game won't prove a whole bunch to me, since I have seen these same Cowboys beat the Giants early in the season a few times.  We know the end result.

"Realistically", I would like to see us split with the Chargers and Broncos, and be 3-2 at that point.  I HOPE we can win both (because it's early, and the games aren't as important, it could happen).  I hope you 'optimists' realize that if the Broncos were playing for a playoff appearance, we absolutely would have to hope for Peyton to break his leg early (and that's just mean, LoL).  Conversely, if the Chargers were playing for a playoff berth, I think we would have a chance!  Both the Cowboys and Chargers have really not been tenacious enough, when tenacity is all that matters.

Side note: Adam Jones and Terence Newman looked like rock stars out there last week!

Back to our regularly scheduled ***** session:  Anyway, the Chargers can be beat, and the Cowboys may be the right team to do it.  If I'm asked (and I think I was) to guess as to the outcome...and I'm going to base the guess on all the available knowledge, without letting my 'wishes' take control, I will state (as I have) that the Chargers edge the Cowboys.

I WANT TO BE WRONG. You guys have checked before, and found me to be right about this ****.

Now.  If you are going to take it a step further, and tell me that the Cowboys are going to win both games, I hope you understand the immense amount of good luck (for them), and bad luck (for Denver) that is involved?!  Yes, it can happen.  I hope it does.  It won't!

Erase my comment before I look like a damn genius! (and I don't know how you find it so troubling to see reality)

Adam



I love what you wrote, except for the ***** part, see above all posters require respect.

But hey I'll gladly cook that crow for you when you turn out to be wrong.

We are just fans, like Popeye, that's all that I yam.
Hawk

1adam12 wrote:
I would copy and paste what you ****** wrote, but you already know! (Can't understand why everyone wants to do it though...just respond.)  What you wrote, looked like this to me:  "Adam, you're wrong, the Cowboys are different this year."

The Chargers game won't prove a whole bunch to me, since I have seen these same Cowboys beat the Giants early in the season a few times.  We know the end result.

"Realistically", I would like to see us split with the Chargers and Broncos, and be 3-2 at that point.  I HOPE we can win both (because it's early, and the games aren't as important, it could happen).  I hope you 'optimists' realize that if the Broncos were playing for a playoff appearance, we absolutely would have to hope for Peyton to break his leg early (and that's just mean, LoL).  Conversely, if the Chargers were playing for a playoff berth, I think we would have a chance!  Both the Cowboys and Chargers have really not been tenacious enough, when tenacity is all that matters.

Side note: Adam Jones and Terence Newman looked like rock stars out there last week!

Back to our regularly scheduled ***** session:  Anyway, the Chargers can be beat, and the Cowboys may be the right team to do it.  If I'm asked (and I think I was) to guess as to the outcome...and I'm going to base the guess on all the available knowledge, without letting my 'wishes' take control, I will state (as I have) that the Chargers edge the Cowboys.

I WANT TO BE WRONG. You guys have checked before, and found me to be right about this ****.

Now.  If you are going to take it a step further, and tell me that the Cowboys are going to win both games, I hope you understand the immense amount of good luck (for them), and bad luck (for Denver) that is involved?!  Yes, it can happen.  I hope it does.  It won't!

Erase my comment before I look like a damn genius! (and I don't know how you find it so troubling to see reality)

Adam


You want to be wrong.....lmao....that would never be you. Nobody can predict the outcome of games or we would all be rich. As a fan you just keep up the hope that's all you can do.

Certainly wrong or right nobody is an *****, as a fan you pick your team to win every week. Picking them to lose, well, that's everybody's right, what can I say.

I'll take that ***** comment...doesn't mean anything to me...I say the Boys win 2 games in a row.....I say this is our year, barring devastating injuries.
1adam12

You can hope or expect a win all you want.  Don't try to explain "how to be a good fan".  Blind faith is absolutely an unintelligible philosophical view...it is flawed by the lack of reasoning things out.  The Cowboys certainly have an opportunity to win, or they shouldn't be in the league.  I am not suggesting that they have no chance.  If, however, you guys are telling me that the Cowboys are substantially better than the Chargers and Broncos, it is because of an incoherent faith in team spirit.  It is a bit like supporting the troops.  Certainly, we should all support the troops in general, but what about the bad troops?

This Cowboys team has been a group of bad troops.  Not all are heroes.

Sadly, we squandered away Witten (and others') best years.

Jerry is an ogre of a person, but I didn't care when the Cowboys won games late in the year, and were excellent troops!  I didn't care, because I was shallow.

I picked the Cowboys as my team before I ever flew professionally.  I chose them because of Tom Landry's faith in God, and because the team was so together, they held hands in the huddle.  Now that would be gay to do that, yet the Cowboys play football in December like queers.

Sorry for calling you ****** names,

Adam
Hawk

In a cap strapped league it usually will come down to the teams that are heathy at the end of the season.

There is also a fair amount of luck to not only getting to a SB but then winning it.

Only a blind person wouldn't see the Cowboys are better than the Chargers. It remains to be seen just how good the Bronco's are. We beat Manning the last time we faced him with a far worse team than we have now.

You seem angry about something Adam, it must be something personal. We are not talking Zen here we are fans discussing our favorite team, as well as other NFL happenings.
1adam12

I'm not angry.  Not even at you.

I am playing with you guys...but playing to win.

The Cowboys will be doing great to split those 2; if they win both, it will be awesome (and very lucky).  

These 2 games (and the loss to KC) are the least of the Cowboys' concern.  They could realistically lose every game (all 4) to the AFC, and completely make up for it by winning against division and conference foes.  If the Cowboys have the best record in their division, they make the playoffs.  My real concern is not next week, and not next month (and yes, injuries can kill the dream---or make them!), my only concern about this team is December and January.

If any team has an okay time during Sept, Oct and Nov, and a great end-season, they do well.  Some teams do both, but we know that's not important...thus Giants and Steelers go 8-8 and spank in the Super Bowl.
Hawk

I would consider last year a total collapse, simply because of the injuries.

But we were still 2 minutes from getting in the playoffs. Plus the game where Dez's hand was out of bounds, and the FG missed by a few inchs.
But had the Cowboys made the playoffs they would not have even had a team to put on the field.

It would have been all PS and couch potato guys. I think it would have ended in epic failure.

I feel good about our chances this year, Jason made an effort to get some depth this year. Its already paying some dividends. I felt good about this team before the rest of the East looked like crap.

This is the first time I can really say this team looks headed in the right direction. We have the 3rd youngest team in the league. That will drop next year when Spencer and Ratliff are gone. So getting to the playoffs is a real possibility. But its a long season, at least they gave us a good by week this year. The guys will need some rest when it rolls around and can come back strong.
1adam12

I don't want you to think it was bad luck, or that we missed it by inches this year.  By the time playoffs are here, nearly every team has ailments, and yes, it magnifies problems when the team isn't strong enough to begin with.  I think the Cowboys are about middle of the pack.  It doesn't hurt to have the Giants and Redskins reeling, but I doubt the Giants will stay down.  Why does it feel like they are playing possum?

Did you see Newman and Jones this weekend?  The Packers are a passing team with tons of talent!  Those guys never played like that for us!

Again, if we can split, we do well.  In fact, if we can split with our AFC games, and do well against our division, it helps.  I am going to continue to be skeptical of this team until they show some grit late.
Nightrider

The Giants are playing possum, they are more like a dead skunk in the middle of the road....They will be 0-4 after this weekend.
zigomanis18

Well, I don't think the Cowboys will blow too many teams away from this point on . The schedule is VERY tough.

Seriously though, It's hard to judge by the Rams. You just never know what Cowboy team shows up week to week. The Cowboys have a decent shot at Denver at home because they are the type of team that can beat anyone and yet lose to anyone.

Believe it or not, I think they have a better chance at beating Denver if they lose this week. Because if they win, they tend to ease up when they have a chance to take control.

The big thing again, is turnovers and establishing a running game. if we win both those aspects, we will win. If not, we lose. Simple as that.
Desperado

zigomanis18 wrote:
Well, I don't think the Cowboys will blow too many teams away from this point on . The schedule is VERY tough.

Seriously though, It's hard to judge by the Rams. You just never know what Cowboy team shows up week to week. The Cowboys have a decent shot at Denver at home because they are the type of team that can beat anyone and yet lose to anyone.

Believe it or not, I think they have a better chance at beating Denver if they lose this week. Because if they win, they tend to ease up when they have a chance to take control.

The big thing again, is turnovers and establishing a running game. if we win both those aspects, we will win. If not, we lose. Simple as that.


The Bronco's should be an interesting game, but we could blow out everybody for awhile after them.

wk 5 vs Broncos
wk 6 Vs Redskins Sunday Night football
wk 7 @ Eagles
wk 8 @ Lions
wk 9 vs Vikings

This group doesn't look all that tough to me!
1adam12

The Cowboys had their opportunities, and were beaten by a team much like their own.  It could have gone either way, which makes it a tough loss to take.  If, however, the Cowboys didn't physically take a beating, it is only slightly a problem, since it appears the Cowboys may be the best team in the weakest division in the NFL (strange, since we are used to being the best division).

I don't see a very good finish for us against the Broncos, but anything can happen...and it would be really nice for us to split these 2.  My guess is we lose both.

Again, if the Cowboys stay extremely healthy, and can be in a position for division leader in early December, AND can win out, it is our best possible scenario.  Winning today was absolutely not important, but not getting hurt is!

Bright side?  Cowboys look explosive.  Sadly, some of it was blowing up in their faces.

I feel like it would be a good idea to sit a few guys (call it 'injured reserve') for the next game.  See if there is a way to beat the Broncos without putting every player in harm's way.

Very stupid playing at the end, since hurting Romo would certainly not seem smart.
zigomanis18

The boys proved once again they simply cannot rise to the occasion when given the glaring opportunity. HOW many times will we constantly have to go thru this?

We don't stand a chance next week. If we let Rivers shred us with over 400 years, good luck against Manning and Welker next week.

We could have been 2 games up with this win. Philly is terrible, the Giants are NOT playing possum...they Suck period end right now. I'd say right now, after 4 weeks, the only team worse than the Giants are the Jaguars.

After next week, we will be 2-3 and then play a rested Redskins team who will be coming off a Bye week. Simply stated, after the next few weeks, we will see where this team will stand. even if we do not win next week, we need to at LEAST put up a good showing. Not lose 52-20 like Philly did this week.

I really thought positive and predicted a win...I should know better. Almost EVERY time I do that over the years, they disappoint.
1adam12

First, there is absolutely no proof of any superstition.  They don't pass any double-blind tests...never have.

The reason why the Cowboys don't perform well for your predictions is because the Cowboys don't perform well.  In the past, when your predictions were better, the Cowboys were better.

As for the game, we can consider ourselves lucky that our losses so far are AFC, and that we aren't losing players.  We are absolutely NOT as strong as you guys were thinking, based on a game against the Rams.

Can we beat the Broncos?  Yes.  Should we? No.  In fact, it would show just how stupid this game is, if it were that simple to fall apart against a weaker team, and beat a team that could possibly stand up against an Aikman, Irvin, Emmett type deal.  The Broncos can lose, and probably will.  I hope it is next week!

The Cowboys are still good enough to win the division.  The division is weak, and the schedules appear to be slighted in our favor.  We play at home against some very opportune times (including next week).

I won't eat crow, and frankly, I don't yet know what it tastes like.  Since you do, you may want to try it with the Horseradish this time...Peyton plays very well for teams that have horsemascots.

This Denver team is so crazy good, but any team can have an off week.  If it is not an off week, we stand little chance.  I say we play our starters until we can confirm that this is not an off week.  It is so important for this team to be healthy and confident.

While I don't believe Romo has the stuff to take them to the Super Bowl, I would love to be wrong.
zigomanis18

1adam12 wrote:
First, there is absolutely no proof of any superstition.  They don't pass any double-blind tests...never have.

The reason why the Cowboys don't perform well for your predictions is because the Cowboys don't perform well.  In the past, when your predictions were better, the Cowboys were better.

As for the game, we can consider ourselves lucky that our losses so far are AFC, and that we aren't losing players.  We are absolutely NOT as strong as you guys were thinking, based on a game against the Rams.

Can we beat the Broncos?  Yes.  Should we? No.  In fact, it would show just how stupid this game is, if it were that simple to fall apart against a weaker team, and beat a team that could possibly stand up against an Aikman, Irvin, Emmett type deal.  The Broncos can lose, and probably will.  I hope it is next week!

The Cowboys are still good enough to win the division.  The division is weak, and the schedules appear to be slighted in our favor.  We play at home against some very opportune times (including next week).

I won't eat crow, and frankly, I don't yet know what it tastes like.  Since you do, you may want to try it with the Horseradish this time...Peyton plays very well for teams that have horsemascots.

This Denver team is so crazy good, but any team can have an off week.  If it is not an off week, we stand little chance.  I say we play our starters until we can confirm that this is not an off week.  It is so important for this team to be healthy and confident.

While I don't believe Romo has the stuff to take them to the Super Bowl, I would love to be wrong.





HA HA! Excellent post! You know what next week reminds me of? 2007. In fact the Broncos totally remind me of the 2007 Patriots who scored 598 points and blew just about everyone away for the first 10 games until teams at least played them closer and learned that they were not super human.

That year we were 13-3 if you remember and started out 5-0. It was week 6 and the Pats came to town. Welker shredded us and we lost 48-27 in a game that very close for 3/4ths of it and then NE pulled away.

I see a similar event taking place next Sunday...except that the 2007 team was better than this Cowboys team.
Hawk

The Bronco's won't be winning it this year. I rest my case
1adam12

You rest your case?  You never had one.  If you are talking about the naysayers' case, I think you should present more to the jury.  If the jury is to deliberate based on 'your' case, it won't take long.
zigomanis18

Hawk wrote:
The Bronco's won't be winning it this year. I rest my case


Well, maybe not, But I would rather have THEM win it than the Patriots...ANY DAY of the week!
Hawk

The Pats aren't winning anything either, but I have a good friend here who is a Pats fan....lets all get along.

Plus he's here in Belize with me, we'll get you lmao.....when you arrive
Hawk

1adam12 wrote:
You rest your case?  You never had one.  If you are talking about the naysayers' case, I think you should present more to the jury.  If the jury is to deliberate based on 'your' case, it won't take long.


Hell I have a case....not like the mental one you have.

You want to be a Denver fan all of a sudden....why because they are winning....who owns the all time scoring record for a season?

Man you went from being a writer to a farmer....and normally you are talking about the Vikings, like they are relevant.

I'm a Cowboys fan...so Ill just keep, keeping on......I don't need to talk about teams I could care less about!!!!![/
zigomanis18

I respect both the Patriots and Broncos. but would much rather have the Broncos win.

As for the Cowboys? I am always a fan, win or lose.

And as for Belize, I have not forgotten. This Summer!
Hawk

zigomanis18 wrote:
I respect both the Patriots and Broncos. but would much rather have the Broncos win.

As for the Cowboys? I am always a fan, win or lose.

And as for Belize, I have not forgotten. This Summer!



Well Zigo...you Moms, Bevo...and Adam...we have been together forever...forever seems like a long time....But we can talk **** and always be friends that's a fact!!!!! and we still love the Cowboys...sometimes that a hard thing to do lol.
1adam12

The Broncos and the Patriots are very strong teams.  One of them has nearly a lock on the SuperBowl, but, we know anything can happen.

Back to reality:  NFC

I haven't said anything about the Vikings, because we didn't play them.  When I did say something, it was always derogatory, because of my loathe for them.  I do have a few buddies that are former players, and I watch a game each year in Minneapolis and Green Bay.  And yes, I was there for our last playoff game...in a Vikings booth...and it hurt.  I probably came close to punching a Pepsi machine that day.

The only reason I spoke (typed) of the Broncos, is because it is an upcoming game.  Sorry if it interferes with any delicate sensibilities among our group.  Back in the Elway days, I watched a few games at Mile High Stadium, and was pretty impressed with their fans.  I was very happy to see us win!  I don't have a hatred for the Broncos, like I do for the Vikings.  I grew up in Wisconsin.

The Cowboys lost this game.

None of us wanted the Cowboys to lose.

Can we move on?

       hawksrealm Sports Talk Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum
; ;HomeHomeHomeHomeHomeHomeHomeHomeHomeHome