;
hawksrealm Sports Talk Forum Index hawksrealm Sports Talk
Everybody posting deserves RESPECT
 
  FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    UsergroupsUsergroups    Join! (free) Join! (free)  
  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

Dallas vs Green Bay
Page 1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hawksrealm Sports Talk Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
BevoMav
Co- Pilot


Joined: 06 Mar 2013
Posts: 422



PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:10 pm    Post subject: Dallas vs Green Bay  Reply with quote




Sunday High Noon on the Frozen Tundra



First Playoff Game Since the Ice Bowl



Highest Rated QB on the Road vs Highest Rated QB at Home



Line: GB by 7

Forcast: Sunny and 23 degrees ... Summertime in Wisconsin

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
zigomanis18
Co- Pilot


Joined: 09 Jul 2009
Posts: 400


Location: Derry NH

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ball Control, ball control, and more ball control, . We will NOT win this or have any chance with Romo trying to out gun sling the Rodgers. The Dallas O line is not playing at the level it did early to mid season. It needs to in this game or the game will get out of hand.

Green Bay has been by far the best team at home this year...so the boys CANNOT come out flat in this game as they did against the Lions. They fall behind 14-0 after one period, starting planning for Tee time.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BevoMav
Co- Pilot


Joined: 06 Mar 2013
Posts: 422



PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zigomanis18 wrote:
Ball Control, ball control, and more ball control, . We will NOT win this or have any chance with Romo trying to out gun sling the Rodgers. The Dallas O line is not playing at the level it did early to mid season. It needs to in this game or the game will get out of hand.

Green Bay has been by far the best team at home this year...so the boys CANNOT come out flat in this game as they did against the Lions. They fall behind 14-0 after one period, starting planning for Tee time.


Green Bay can be beaten, and the Cowboys are the team to do it. You sound scared?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
zigomanis18
Co- Pilot


Joined: 09 Jul 2009
Posts: 400


Location: Derry NH

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BevoMav wrote:
zigomanis18 wrote:
Ball Control, ball control, and more ball control, . We will NOT win this or have any chance with Romo trying to out gun sling the Rodgers. The Dallas O line is not playing at the level it did early to mid season. It needs to in this game or the game will get out of hand.

Green Bay has been by far the best team at home this year...so the boys CANNOT come out flat in this game as they did against the Lions. They fall behind 14-0 after one period, starting planning for Tee time.


Green Bay can be beaten, and the Cowboys are the team to do it. You sound scared?



Yes Bevo....I am scared of GB.....They beat NE at home...and that says it all. Of course I want Dallas to win......but all I am saying is that if they come out like last week, it's over early. Stafford on the road is nothing like Rodgers at home.  Let's face it, the Boys can do much better than they showed...and they better..that's all I am saying.

And, if it were not for a very sketchy non interference call, we may well be talking about next year. Yes, we won, but I expected MUCH more against a team that is not nearly as lethal as the 2 teams they will have to play to get to the SB.   I will repeat...BALL CONTROL...BALL CONTROL  and MORE BALL CONTROL...you disagree? You think we win a passing shootout with GB in GB? If you do, then you must high on the best dope There can be.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BevoMav
Co- Pilot


Joined: 06 Mar 2013
Posts: 422



PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zigomanis18 wrote:
BevoMav wrote:
zigomanis18 wrote:
Ball Control, ball control, and more ball control, . We will NOT win this or have any chance with Romo trying to out gun sling the Rodgers. The Dallas O line is not playing at the level it did early to mid season. It needs to in this game or the game will get out of hand.

Green Bay has been by far the best team at home this year...so the boys CANNOT come out flat in this game as they did against the Lions. They fall behind 14-0 after one period, starting planning for Tee time.


Green Bay can be beaten, and the Cowboys are the team to do it. You sound scared?



Yes Bevo....I am scared of GB.....They beat NE at home...and that says it all. Of course I want Dallas to win......but all I am saying is that if they come out like last week, it's over early. Stafford on the road is nothing like Rodgers at home.  Let's face it, the Boys can do much better than they showed...and they better..that's all I am saying.

And, if it were not for a very sketchy non interference call, we may well be talking about next year. Yes, we won, but I expected MUCH more against a team that is not nearly as lethal as the 2 teams they will have to play to get to the SB.   I will repeat...BALL CONTROL...BALL CONTROL  and MORE BALL CONTROL...you disagree? You think we win a passing shootout with GB in GB? If you do, then you must high on the best dope There can be.


Cowboys could well lose but GB will at the least know they were in a game. Plus there is no guarantee Rogers will be a full strengt
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
zigomanis18
Co- Pilot


Joined: 09 Jul 2009
Posts: 400


Location: Derry NH

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just want the boys to play a solid 60 minute game. If we lose, but play hard and give them a game, I will hold my head up high in defeat. I do not want them to get blown out.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Hawk
Universal Guide


Joined: 02 May 2009
Posts: 2026


Location: Caribbean

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zigo it looks like you want so badly to be right. You just want to say, hey see I was right!

You make no effort at all to explain why we will lose, other than GB's home record this year.

Sorry, I don't really call that football analysis.
_________________
TODAY IS THE OLDEST YOU'VE EVER BEEN, YET THE YOUNGEST YOU'LL EVER BE, SO
> ENJOY THIS DAY WHILE IT LASTS.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BevoMav
Co- Pilot


Joined: 06 Mar 2013
Posts: 422



PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hawk wrote:
Zigo it looks like you want so badly to be right. You just want to say, hey see I was right!

You make no effort at all to explain why we will lose, other than GB's home record this year.

Sorry, I don't really call that football analysis.


Exactly. Zigo goes gaga over how the Packers play at home and just ignores Dallas play on the road. Winning at Seattle is one of the hardest things to do in sports.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
El Kabong
Traveler


Joined: 09 Dec 2009
Posts: 349



PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packers aren’t freaking out about facing Dez Bryant

Posted by Josh Alper on January 6, 2015, 9:47 AM EST

When the Packers faced the Cowboys in 2013, Cowboys wide receiver Dez Bryant had 153 yards on 11 catches in the kind of performance we’ve grown accustomed to seeing from one of the NFL’s hardest receivers to stop.

That memory and the film of Bryant’s exploits this season are on the Packers’ minds heading into Sunday afternoon’s game at Lambeau Field. Defensive back Micah Hyde raved about Bryant on Monday, pointing out that there are “only a few guys in the league” that can do the things Bryant is able to do on offense.

Stopping Bryant will obviously be a crucial part of the defensive game plan this weekend, but Hyde said that the team isn’t going to devote so much attention to Bryant that Jason Witten, Cole Beasley or Terrence Williams is left alone to hurt the Packers.

“It’s a tough task to play guys like that,” Hyde said, via the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. “We understand that. We understand they’re going to make their catches, they’re going to make their plays. We’re not going to freak out….So as long as we do what we do, we’ll be fine.”

The Packers secondary has been much better this season than it was in 2013, but the Cowboys will offer them a major challenge through the air and on the ground. Stopping the ground game could require the Packers to devote an extra body in the box, which will force the team’s corners to win their battles with Bryant if the Packers are going to remain unbeaten at home this year.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nightrider
Shuttle Pilot


Joined: 01 Jun 2009
Posts: 714


Location: Ca.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Points per game
Packers' ranking: First (30.4)
Cowboys' ranking: Fifth (29.2)

Points allowed per game
Packers' ranking: Tied 13th (21.8 )
Cowboys' ranking: 15th (22.0)

Total offense (yards per game)
Packers' ranking: Sixth (386.1)
Cowboys' ranking: Seventh (383.6)

Total defense (yards allowed per game)
Packers' ranking: 15th (346.4)
Cowboys' ranking: 19th (355.1)

Third-down offense
Packers' ranking: Third (47.2 percent conversion rate)
Cowboys' ranking: Second (47.3 percent)

QBR:
Rodgers: 112.2
Romo: 113.2


_________________
Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan. Tom Landry
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hawksrealm Sports Talk Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Card File  Gallery  Forum Archive
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group

Stargate Theme by Cat webdesing
; ;
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum
; ;